Saturday, April 10, 2010

Why I’m Hateful Sometimes

Why I’m Hateful Sometimes



Because I’m Bo Diddley or
Robert Johnson or at least
Eric Clapton, but I’m
The only one who knows it and

Because you’re Carol Burnett or
Phyllis Diller or at least
Mo’Nique, but
You don’t mind.

Because I’m
A stationary vagabond
And you’d fall apart
If you pratfell.

Because my heavy lifting
Is behind me, maybe, but
You haven’t finished
Procrastinating:

We were both thrown in the lake, naked and infantile, but
I swam to shore while
Everyone pushes her boat out again
To get you.

Because you’re never unhappy
In my estimation, but
I’m everything and that and always
In yours.

Because everyone sees that
Sometimes I’m creepy, but
Only I know
That you are, too, a zombie friend.

Because I argue with the radio like an old, old man -
I want them to do it right, dammit, and
You just
Never switch it on.

Because you don’t remember
And I can’t forget;
You imagine starshine from the black hole when
It’s just, plain, empty.

Because you’re in the moment, and
I’m in next week, even when the
Visibility
Is zero.

Most of all,
I hate you
Sometimes
Because

You’re at your house,
I’m at mine,
That’s what we decided, and
At the crossroads

I can be both
Satan
And myself;

You’re asleep in your armchair
In your bunny slippers,
Maybe never

Having

Nightmares.





by Coke Brown Jr. -
as posted on Coke's Croaks -
www.cokescroaks.com

No comments: