Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thought Karaoke Lizard

Thought Karaoke Lizard



But I play one
Chamaeleonidae
On TV

You have to understand
Every
Person has to

If you don't get it
I'm doing it wrong, quickly must change it up
Warble more desperately in more octaves

Or drop to gone, unjustifiable
Inexplicable
Scattered off-white paper litter

If you're familiar with celadon
Let me put it out in those terms
I'm sooo familiar with it, too

If that's too easy - you think you know it completely
Or you're a hardcore chlorophobic
I'll tell it in another way - magenta maybe

I stared at the swatches for days without stopping
Each and every single shade
Can produce them with my head

Robert
Fucking
De Niro

Rich
Fucking
Little

From the realistic podium
In the smoky, black-scratched, acryclic, sound-proof booth
Up here, above you

I'll assume
You still
See me

Let me
SHOW
You

Just
Watch
Me

Misunderstand
Mime
Force an education of it on you

In any
Color
That you want

To recall
To request
To

Recognize

-

All vindication
ALL
Depends on

Your

Empathetic

Eyes.





by Coke Brown Jr. -
as posted on Coke's Croaks -
www.cokescroaks.com

No comments: