Thursday, February 11, 2010

parked 120 miles from home

parked 120 miles from home



the highway wet and white and empty
the night abandoned and aimlessly slow
that's all right
it means more for me

here comes the old
from a time just now, before
telephones on roads
having to have that back

to shut up and shut out
words considered
carefully
better than most

sometimes take you different things
not what's obvious, everywhere
agreed-upon, expected
the standard American

all juiced up and
nothing nearby
to conquer
to win at

talking to myself inside myself
sure, laugh at me, childish
why would I want
a home

with a telephone
in a car, any thing obligatory
why would I want
you

when I can be
can do
just
this

this

just
like

this





by Coke Brown Jr. -
as posted on Coke's Croaks -
www.cokescroaks.com

No comments: