Sunday, March 28, 2010

God Poems #2

2.



I want to know
What your thing is.

A man has a yarmulke on his head, and
A woman almost always wears
Her LDS undergarments.

A couple have their direction
And the building where they kneel, in two different rooms,
Facing that way.

A lady has her candle, her cards, and
A man his athame, his lingum, their
Reminders.

My friend said he had nothing, but
He was wrong.
It was in his own head, where he couldn’t see.

Does your maypole remind you?
Does your scarf, or your silence,
That Something is there?

Today I had rain, anticipation,
Carpenter ants and uncertainty,
Peace and fear both,

I had the autonomy, the free will
To remind myself or not to,
To allow myself

To feel or to not
Feel thanks.





by Coke Brown Jr. -
as posted on Coke's Croaks -
www.cokescroaks.com

No comments: