Saturday, June 5, 2010

Capture (Road Poem #6)

Capture (Road Poem #6)



Does my photo steal the soul
From the black cherry dirt, as well

I can only see it
Hear the creek

By quickly stomping
On the brakes

Whipping out the camera and
Back into the long and winding road

-

I don't even remember Muir Woods anymore
Or my sister, almost at all

Only arguments with my ex
Me stomping away

Spoiled
All of us

Leeching
Any moisture from this land

Using it, turning it
With our focus, our attention

Into
Piss

-

I worried
I shouldn't stop to look and shoot at all

No idea how far I was
From a real road

Heatstroke or dehydration
Sunburn, run out of gas

Woman somewhere asked me
What I wanted to remember so badly

Around a bend two trees
Taller one's

Matriarchal
Green puffy arms

Hovering above
The other

I said,
"Something

Other than

That."

And suddenly
There was

The interstate
Crank up the radio

Sensation

I don’t

Remember





by Coke Brown Jr. -
as posted on Coke's Croaks -
www.cokescroaks.com

No comments: